Asphalt shingles roofing is used on more Ann Arbor homes than any other material. It has many advantages that make it the most popularly used roofing material, but there are also a few disadvantages that one must consider before choosing it to add to their home. What are the pros and cons of an asphalt shingles roof?
· Affordable: The biggest reason asphalt shingles is the most commonly used roofing material is the cost. It is the cheapest of the materials.
· Longevity: The average lifetime of an asphalt shingles roof is 15 – 20 years, although some may offer a longer lifetime. For the price, this is quite a bargain for a number of years.
· Protection: Despite being the cheapest of all roofing materials, asphalt shingles are durable and strong. They protect against winds of up to 100 MPH and a number of additional types of potential damages.
· Easy-to-Install: Asphalt shingles are easy-to-install on most any home. Less time means less worry around the home.
· Variety: There are tons of styles and options in asphalt shingles roofing materials, giving every homeowner the freedom to get what they love.
· Heat: In extreme heat conditions, asphalt shingles may fail to perform properly. They may cause cracks and fading which depletes the lifetime.
· Lifetime: Many other roofing materials offer substantially longer lifespans than the shingles roofing material.
· Easy Damage: Shingles are easier to damage than other roofing materials. This is especially true during extreme heat and cold.
· Environmentally Friendly: If you are concerned about the environment, shingles are not environmentally friendly.
So while there are pros and cons of using asphalt shingles metal, most people agree the advantages outweigh any negative aspects. Contact the top notch roofers near me ann arbor mi to learn more about shingles and determine if they’re best for your house.